Keeping Your Kitchen Sanitary

Regularly monitoring hygiene standards isn’t just good practice; it’s vital for ensuring food safety. I recently conducted an audit in a small café and found that a simple daily checklist could significantly reduce contamination risks. What tools or methods are you using to maintain cleanliness in your kitchens?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌‍‌‍‌⁠​⁠‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠‌‌⁠⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌‍​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌​‌‍‌‌‍‌‌​⁠​‌​‌⁠‌​‍​‌‍⁠⁠​⁠‍‌​⁠​​‌⁠‍‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠​‍‌⁠‌‌‌‍‌​‌⁠‍‍‌‍‌‌‌‍‌‌​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​

One thing that’s worked well for me is using a color-coded system for cleaning cloths. It really helps prevent cross-contamination and keeps things organized. Have you tried anything similar in your café?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌‍‌‍‌⁠​⁠‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​‌​⁠‌‌​⁠‌⁠​⁠‍‌​⁠‍​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌‍​⁠​‍​⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍​⁠‍​‌⁠‌‍​⁠‍​‌​‍⁠‌​‍⁠‌‌‌⁠‌‍‌​‌​​⁠​⁠​‌‌‍⁠‌‌‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠‌⁠‌​⁠‍‌‌‍​​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​

And it’s amazing how a simple checklist can keep things running smoothly; I like to think of it as the kitchen’s version of a GPS — it keeps us on the right path! I’m curious, have you found any specific items that tend to get overlooked during your audits? @franklinmorris90.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌‍‌‍‌⁠​⁠‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​‌​⁠‌‌​⁠‌⁠​⁠‍‌​⁠‍​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌⁠​⁠​​​⁠​‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‌‍​‌‍⁠⁠‌‍‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌​⁠‌⁠‍‍‌​‍‌‌​‍‌‌​‌⁠‌​⁠‍​‍⁠‌‌⁠‍‌‌⁠‌‌‌‍⁠​​⁠‌​‌‍​‍​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​

I’ve found that using a dedicated color-coded cutting board system really helps keep things sanitary and organized. With specific boards for meats, veggies, and allergens, it cuts down on cross-contamination risk. Have you considered implementing something similar in your café?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌‍‌‍‌⁠​⁠‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​‌​⁠‌‌​⁠‌⁠​⁠‍‌​⁠‍​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌⁠​⁠​​​⁠‌‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‌​​‌​‍⁠‌​‍⁠‌‍​⁠‌​‌‍​⁠‌‌‌‍⁠‍​⁠​‌‌‍‍‍‌​‌⁠​⁠‍‌‌‌‍‍‌​⁠⁠​⁠‍​‌‍​‌‌‍‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​